XALATAN is your partner in the treatment of high eye pressure, which may lead to glaucoma. By lowering your eye pressure, XALATAN may reduce the risk of damage to your sight. You only have to use XALATAN once a day, so sticking to your treatment can be simple. Just follow these easy steps to administer your drops:
- After washing your hands thoroughly, hold the bottle in one hand, resting your thumb against your eyebrow or the bridge of your nose.
- Use the index finger of your other hand to gently pull down your lower lid and make a pocket for the drop.
- Gently squeeze the bottle to dispense 1 drop into the pocket of your lower lid.
Don't stop using XALATAN once your eye pressure is under control unless your eye doctor has told you to do so. Daily use of XALATAN can help keep your eye pressure down.
And don't forget when using XALATAN...
- If you use more than 1 eye drop of medicine, wait at least 5 minutes between each eye drop
- If you forget to use XALATAN one day, apply the next drop as usual the next day. Don't try to catch up by using 2 drops the next day. Track your eye drops with the XALATAN Eye Pressure and Usage Tracker
- If you wear contact lenses, remove your lenses before using XALATAN and wait 15 minutes after dosing before putting them back in
- Always wash your hands before using eye drops, or touching your eyes, contacts, or the XALATAN bottle. Use soap and warm running water to create a lather. Rub your hands together for at least 20 seconds—wash the fronts and backs of your hands, your wrists, between your fingers, and under fingernails. Use either a clean, dry towel or a fresh disposable towel to thoroughly dry your hands. And use a towel to turn off the faucet
- Remember, to avoid contamination do not touch the dispenser with your hands, eyes, and other surfaces
Tips for using eye drops
If you have never used eye drops before, you may find it a little tricky at first. Don't worry—most people find that it gets much easier as time goes on. Try some of these tips to get started:
- If you have trouble getting the drop into your eye, try turning your head to the side, or lying down. Then place a drop in the inner corner of your eyelid, and open your eye slowly. The drop should roll right into your eye
- If you find that pulling down on your lower eyelid to make a pocket for the drop is difficult, try gently pinching the eyelid instead—then just drop the medicine into the pocket you created
- If you tend to blink before the drop hits your eye, try looking to the side rather than straight at the dropper
- If you aren't sure that you are getting the drop into your eye, try placing the bottle in the refrigerator before use. When you feel the cool eye drop, you will know that it made it into your eye
- If your hand is shaking, try resting your hand on your face—this may help steady your hand. If that doesn't work, try wearing a light wrist weight
*Please click here for full Terms and Conditions. This card is not health insurance and is only accepted at participating pharmacies. No membership fees apply. Card guarantees up to $60 per month off your co-pay through 12/31/2014.
XALATAN $4 Savings Offer
6501 Weston Parkway, Suite 370
Cary, NC 27513